Rosie is constantly teaching me things. It's funny how little I teach her! I look at her rolling around, picking things up, putting EVERYTHING in her mouth.... and I really didn't teach her how to do any of these things. She just does it. Growth and development are miracles of God. Yet, Rosie teaches me all of the time. She teaches me that bananas are worth screaming in delight over. She reminds me that Wrigley's main purpose on this earth is not to annoy me, and that he can be quite cute and obedient.... sometimes. She has taught me to appreciate early mornings, and she has taught me to look up! Ron and I frequent Peet's Coffee at least once a week. We have been going to the same one for years. One day I was standing in line with Rosie and she kept throwing her head back. She was determined to look up at the ceiling. If you have ever held a baby who is arching their back- they can be quite hard to hold. After a moment of frustration, I finally raised my own head up to see what she was so focused on. The ceiling of our beloved coffee shop is BEAUTIFULLY painted. It reminds me of something I might see in Italy (if I had ever been :) I have never bothered to look up.. and it takes the curiosity, un-hurriedness, and awe of a 6 MONTH OLD to teach me what I need to learn in a day. So, "Keep looking up! Don't miss it" Rosie says!
Wait. Is Your House an Extrovert?!
1 hour ago
2 comments:
Well, look who i found! Hello Mrs. Eckert.
Welcome to the world of blogging.
What a BEAUTIFUL girl Rosie is.
How sweet it was to hear your mommy voice celebrating Rosie's clapping. i remember that voice (so long ago- Noah is almost 10, ahhhh!)
i will have to keep my eye on your blog.
What a beautiful lesson. Thank you for sharing it with us so we can all look up. I'm going to tell Papa. Now about Wrigley...
Post a Comment