Monday, April 14, 2008

Crawling, Swimming, and Flying!






So much to report!
Rosie is officially mobile! Although her crawl is not yet "graceful"- it certainly is efficient. This afternoon, I was attempting to do some work on the computer, so I left Rosie to play with some of her toys in front of the couch. A short while later, I checked in on her to see what she was up to, and found that she was gone. I found her in the kitchen splashing in Wrigley's water dish...

Rosie and I got to tag along on Ron's leadership retreat last weekend. Lucky for us, it meant staying in a hotel with an indoor pool! Rosie got to take her first dip- and loved it! I'm sure Ron will have her on a surf board in no time!

Many of you remember the bird's nest that I wrote about a while back. The 4 babies hatched about 2 weeks ago. We have loved watching all of the commotion and chaos in the nest, especially during feeding time. There was an unusual amount of activity this morning while Ron and I were watching. Suddenly, 3 of the babies formed a little line and flew away! We got to see it all take place. The 4th baby, bless her heart, was left in the nest chirping her heart out. I kept an eye on her all day as her brothers and sisters came back periodically to check on her. At one point the mama bird came back and fed her! Later in the afternoon she gathered up all of her courage and took flight while her family encouraged her from a nearby wire. She made it as far as the hanging flowerpot outside our back door. She regained her strength there, and then flapped her little wings as hard as she could and joined her family. I was grateful that I got to witness all of this today!

3 comments:

Cari said...

Okay, were you guys up here and we didn't get to see you?! I know Ron had said y'all were coming up here in April some time, did we miss it? I certainly hope not. We sooo want you to meet Levi and I want to meet that cute little bug!!! YEAH Rosie for being a mobile unit. Now the fun really starts, wires, outlets, dishwashers, bugs. :)

Mimi said...

So many firsts in this blog. Wonderful to hear how Rosie and the other babies are trying new wings. It's all just so amazing. We are blessed.

Denise said...

i hear that you and rosie will be at the women's retreat late april. it will be nice to see you as a mommy, and to see your adorable girl.
i loved it when my kiddos became mobile, they became a bit more independent, and were happier for it.

Blog Archive