Rosie is going to be1 tomorrow. I can't believe it. Right now she is out with Daddy buying a birthday present. (We're still in that small window where you can shop for them WHILE they're in the cart and they never know). In some ways it feels like this year has flown by; but in another way, I really can't remember what life was like without Rosie.
So, Happy Birthday to you, my dear Rosie. I have learned so very much and delighted in (most) of your short 365 days on this earth. I hope that you continue to grow into the little character that you have already given us glimpses of. While your little cousin, Lucy is a "teacup," you're a "mug". You're our hearty, busy girl. You laid calmly for just a moment before you rolled, scooted, flopped, crawled, crawled faster, climbed and stood before our very eyes.... I anticipate your first steps any day now. You enjoy life moving. You love being tossed, swung, wrestled and tickled more than anything else. You've proven yourself brave and courageous; enduring shots with few tears, smiling through bumps and bruises, laughing through even bigger bumps and bruises, and receiving more than your share of licks from Wrigley.
I love you so much that it hurts. I love watching you. I love the way that you scrunch your nose. I love the way that you squeal with delight when "Da" walks in the door. I love the way that you wave to EVERYONE... you hold no judgement, and I pray that God gives me a similar spirit. You have lifted the spirits of strangers on more that one occasion. I love the way that you make me wait (patiently, of course) while you investigate something new on the ground. I love the way that you say, "Mmmmmmm" as you devour food, mostly fruit, with cantaloupe, watermelon, and grapes being at the top of your list. I love the way that you "honk" people's noses. I love the way that you clap when you would like to have something. I love the way that you clap for yourself when you stand on your own. I love the way that you move around the house, unloading and scattering the contents of every drawer, purse, bag, or box that you can find. Our house constantly looks like we have been visited by thieves. I love the way that you put your head on my shoulder and snuggle in after a long day of playing.
Being your mommy is pure joy. My love for you goes deeper than the Pacific Ocean and higher than Half Dome. Happy Birthday my sweet girl.
2 comments:
i knew i would find a birthday something here!
ahhh, i am in tears at your mommy heart "loving someone so much it hurts," i get that.
all your words of blessing and celebration for rosie are wonderful.
it does go too fast.
i LOVE the pic of rosie in the bathing suit and boots- too cute!
I'd have to say the boots pict gets my vote too. Thanks for including us in your day. It's always such a gift to be with you all. I especially enjoyed seeing you & Ron with more cake on you than Rosie, what a smzrt girl :) Wish our visit could've been longer.
Post a Comment