Ron and I often laugh about the careers that we have chosen. With Ron in camping ministry, the summer is the busiest time for him. Just when I wrap up another year of school, and breathe that big sigh of relief.... Ron starts gearing up for 12 hour days running at full speed. The wonderful thing about his job is that Rosie and I get to spend 2 weeks up in Bass Lake.... truly just hanging out. We wake up late, enjoy home cooked meals that I don't have to prepare, enjoy the company of precious staff, spend hours in the Nature Center visiting Dorothy, the Goldfish and Hamilton, the turtle. (Of course these are not their real names, but it's what Rosie has named them). My world slows down enough to wear I can REALLY focus on my daughter. I am so present right now, that I feel guilty about what the rest of the year must be like for her. My job is incredible and allows me to work from home 80% of the time... but that means that during the day, I am often checking emails, doing paperwork, or answering phone calls while Rosie plays independently. During the summer, however, we play TOGETHER all of the time, and it's a total gift. Here are some highlights from our adventures in Bass Lake.
Rosie got to enjoy and afternoon/evening at Soquel, YSSC's High Sierra property.

This pic actually makes me feel bad, but what a picture! My husband is becoming quite the Ansel Adams!








"Joy is that which perches in the silence, if we don't scare it off with too much noise." -David Wilcox


2 comments:
Love the pics and miss you guys. Ramie is all packed and counting down the days to get up to YSSC. Hope you are all doing well!
So are you here now?! Let's get together soon. Can't wait to see you all.
Post a Comment