"The sun did not shine. It was too wet to play. So we sat in the house all that cold, cold, wet day...."
-The Cat in the Hat
Do you remember your first movie? I think mine was, Annie with my parents and sister in Eagle River, Wisconsin. Ron remembers seeing, The Rescuers in the theater. One of my good friends, Brieann's first movie was a double feature of Goonies and E.T at a drive-in theater. She remembers being in her PJs with her 2 sisters in the back of their station wagon with a huge bowl of homemade popcorn that her mom had brought. Is there a better picture of childhood than that one?
We had a day of blessed rain yesterday and decided to take Miss Rosie to her first full length feature film in the theater. The Princess and the Frog was the film we chose, it was that or The Book of Eli :)
We got Rosie the smallest bag of popcorn that they sell, but even so it seemed about as big as she is. We nestled in our row with Rosie in the middle and mommy and daddy on either side as to intercept any scary moments in the movie. She sat motionless and watched with wide eyes for about an hour and then got bored. When the lights came up, none of us were in our original seat... and I can't really recall all of the details of the movie... but we had an adventure. Last night on the way home Rosie asked if we could go to the princess movie again tomorrow, so I'd say she had a good time.



1 comment:
Oh my goodness! I love the pictures! So adorable. And thanks for the shout-out. :) It is a pretty good picture if I do say so myself. Love you Eckerts.
Post a Comment