Thursday, May 6, 2010

Ole'




I wanted to share this great recipe with you. My book club girls got me thinking about Cinco de Mayo recipes... and I improvised a little yesterday and it turned out great.

Throw 3 chicken breasts in the Crockpot
(I like to sear mine first... so you don't get that weird foamy sludge in your Crockpot... kinda like the weird sludge in hot tubs. Yuck.)

1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed
1 bag of frozen corn (I like the roasted corn from Trader's)
1 jar of salsa verde (again, I like Trader's)
1/4 c of water
I also threw a little salt and pepper and some Chalula in there

Leave it all in there for about 6 hours on high. Make sure the chicken is cooked through.
I served it with corn tortillas, sour cream, lettuce, salsa, guacamole and tomato.
I also had the leftovers atop lettuce today for lunch... even better!

PS I'm going to be THIRTY tomorrow!
Grown ups are thirty!
My wonderful husband is taking me some place... I love him.


1 comment:

catherine said...

That is an impressive pose Sadie has got going on! Wish i were flexible enough to bend down and tie my shoes!

Blog Archive