Oh, Bass Lake. I adore you. You are home to me. You are Blackberries and Birthday cakes, early morning jogs and pancake breakfasts, cousins and camp, train rides and swimming, you are relaxing and napping, reading, snacking and boating. You smell like fresh air, pine trees and boat fuel. You are hot sunny days and cool crisp nights. You refresh me and remind me of the things that are important to our family. Thank you for such a wonderful week.








1 comment:
Heather, I always like checking in to see how the Eckerts are doing. I love this post. I too love Bass Lake and have missed it (haven't been since 2003). I remember spending 4 wonderful summers there at camp, running around the lake. I loved the smells and the feeling I had when there. I am glad it is still such an important part of your life. Your girls are getting so big and more beautiful every day. Thanks for sharing your life and for making my friend Ron such a happy camper!! Take care- Melissa crout
Post a Comment