Saturday, June 25, 2011

Father's Day

One of the joys in life is to watch Ron be a father. He's loving, playful, thoughtful and wise when it comes to our girls. Sometimes I forget that he grew up with 4 brothers.... then, he tries to put Rosie's hair in a ponytail and breaks about 50 rubberbands in the process, or he puts Sadie's clothes on backwards, and I remember :)  One of the reasons I love watching these traits in Ron is because I recognize them in my own dad. He is a great father. He raised girls too.... and he had the same handicap (see, I'm using Father's Day golf lingo) when it came to fixing our hair... 

Here are the dads together:
I love it that they are such buddies. My dad calls Ron, "S1" because he's his 1st son, and Ron calls my dad, "D2" because he's Ron's second dad. Love this.   

 

We went for a Father's Day golf cart ride. As you can see, Sadie loved it.

Prior to this, I made the guys take a "mandatory nap" in front of the U.S Open. Easily pleased, those 2! 

 Baseball Father's Day cake.
  

No comments:

Blog Archive