Sunday, August 14, 2011

Birthday Festivities

I think I was just as excited for Rosie's birthday as she was. I couldn't sleep the night before either! We partied hard for 2 days and I think we are finally recovered! Rosie awoke Wednesday morning to the traditional Donut Cake (thank you Jenny Poladian) and was then whisked away to a celebratory breakfast with Papa and Mimi. After breakfast, Ron had arranged for Rosie to take a pony ride with the head trainer from the Shea Center that provides the horseback riding adventure for Emerald Cove Day Camp (this might have been more MY dream more than Rosie's).  At any rate, it was more of a princess pony party as Rosie placed ribbons in her pony Rushmore's hair and a hat on his head before helping to place her pink saddle and ride away. Wow, what a morning. 













After a horse induced snooze, Rosie and I met Mrs. Edie for some manicure/pedicure fun. 



Rosie requested, "spaghetti and meatballs and a purple cake with sprinkles, please" for her birthday supper. I did my best with the little squeeze bottles of food coloring to get the frosting just right. After we sang Happy Birthday Ron said, "Rosie, look what color mommy made your cake!"
Rosie clasped her hands together and said with enthusiasm, "Yes! Grey!"
Well, ya win some, ya lose some, right?



Thursday afternoon we had a little party for Rosie and company. We did the unthinkable and ordered a Tinker Bell bounce house for our daughter. 
Never thought I'd do that, but hey, ya win some, ya lose some, right?







Ron brought back his days working at the Minnesota State Fair and did an awesome ping pong ball/water game with the kids!




Rosie and Lucy took a little break in the puppy sleeping bag from Papa and Mimi.

 .... and the girls even bounced in their jammies after everyone had gone home.  

Oh, little one, you are loved and you are blessed. Happy 4th Birthday to you.

No comments:

Blog Archive