Missed Us?
Wondered where we have been?
Me too.
Here is a recap of the last month. Well, a recap of the fun stuff. There has been A LOT of other stuff thrown in there too. I won't show you pictures of that.
We spent Thanksgiving together with all of the Eckerts. Can I just say that it was perfect? There were 23 of us together at the peak of the weekend. The only person missing was sweet Sierra, who is away at school at Swarthmore in Pennsylvania. We certainly missed her.
![]() |
We have been doing our fair share of "Christmas-ing." It is the most wonderful time of the year.
Here we are at the San Clemente Christmas Tree lighting.
Yes, that's Rosie sledding down a snow covered hill... In San Clemente.
Oh, Orange County.
Sadie has taken an interest in the Christmas tree this year.
As a result, the ornaments start about 1/3 of the way up the tree, and I keep finding ornaments in the oddest places.... like in Sadie's crib.
As a result, the ornaments start about 1/3 of the way up the tree, and I keep finding ornaments in the oddest places.... like in Sadie's crib.
Rosie had her Christmas chapel performance at school. I could not, for the life of me, get a good picture of her singing. Perhaps it's because I calmly put the camera down when she started picking her nose on stage before her song started.
Parenting can be so humbling!
Parenting can be so humbling!
Rosie also had her end of dance recital. We started out strong, but her love for ballet and tap definitely tapered off as the weeks went by. I think her face pretty much sums it all up. Now it's over and she's relieved. I'm proud of her because she was cooperative and followed directions even though she wasn't into it at all.
Ron and I snuck away for a long weekend in Napa with the Paschalls. It was practically perfect in every way. It gave me a chance to head into the magic and the chaos of Christmas with a little reserve to draw from. I'm so thankful for good friends.
It was so fun to come home to the girls, who had been under the incredible care of our niece, Allison. I think the girls had just as much fun as we did. All of the Eckert girls cried when Allison's plane took off on Monday.
We visited Santa last night. Rosie was thrilled. Sadie was not.
No full blown tears, but we had some definite Santa anxiety.

No full blown tears, but we had some definite Santa anxiety.











1 comment:
I had to do a double-take to know which one was Ruth and which one was "little Ruthie". Holy Smokes, she looks EXACTLY like her mom did at that age. Incredible! What a great family :: I think all you Eckerts are a fabulous bunch!
Blessings,
Shana
Post a Comment