After saying goodbye to Allison and a very teary drop off at LAX, the girls and I stopped at Mimi and Papa's for a visit. Rosie has had a loose tooth for a few weeks- I was a little concerned due to her age (and dental history) but all seemed alright in that little mouth of hers.
My dad grilled turkey burgers and that did the trick. The tooth got very loose and out it came! Rosie immediately burst into tears saying that it wasn't fair that Sadie got to keep all of her teeth and she didn't. (I clearly hadn't had a chance to explain the tooth fairy and the booty that she leaves under one's pillow. I thought I had a few more years to get to this one.)
My mom gets the Mimi of the Year Award as suddenly she's kneeling on the floor next to Rosie holding a little felt bag full of all of my baby teeth and a photo of me with toothless grin! Did you catch that the first time? Little felt bag of teeth. Kind of gross, but just the perfect thing for the situation. How does she do it?
I would be the one rummaging through plastic tubs in the garage for 45 minutes totally uncertain if they were even there in the first place.
Nice work, Mims.
And the evening ended with an impromptu trip to America's Cup for some celebratory yogurt.
Some of you may be wondering about the bag of teeth.
I'm thinking jewelry.
My summer will be dedicated to opening an Etsy shop making fine necklaces.
Send me your baby teeth and I'll make you somethin' rrreal purty.



No comments:
Post a Comment