I don't mean to toot my own horn, but I am going to do it anyway. I LOVE the way that my house looks at Christmas. I'm very grateful that I get to be in charge of the inside decor, and don't have to be involved in hanging the outside lights. I watch Ron outside hanging them every year, and it confirms his incredible wealth of patience. Anyway, back to my decorations... I have the perfect spot for our Nativity that we got for a wedding present. I put it up on top of our entertainment center, and there just happens to be 1 track light that makes the whole thing glow. It's conveniently out of reach of Little Miss R, although, she is not to blame for the serious devastation that has already been experienced by the scene. Somewhere along the way, probably in one of our moves, a Wise Man (I think he was carrying the Frankincense) took a tumble and lost his hands and the gift that he was bearing for the Christ child. Now, we have The 3 Wise Men: one carrying Myhr, one carrying Gold, and one that we affectionately refer to as Stubbs. Rosie received her very own "durable" Nativity set from my mom. It's fit to carry around, drop, and chew on. It's perfect for her. I have these wonderful stockings that my Nana Bordeaux knit. She knit mine way back in 1980, and has knit one for every new member of the family. Rosie received hers last year. We hang our stockings by the chimney with care on the mantel piece that my dad made, and my mom routed. It's beautiful, and matches the one that was hanging in our house in Oakhurst, where I grew up. Our tree, this year, is quite large. Ron had to talk me into it, but once we got it up and put lights on it, I am glad that we went with the taller choice. It's gorgeous. 2 of my favorite parts of the tree this year are the Rafia heart tree topper that was from Ron's tree growing up, and the tree skirt that my Nana Bordeaux made. Take a look!






1 comment:
I love your blog. You are a great writer and express your thoughts well. We just received your Christmas card and had to look at the blog too. I have a few friends on blog spot and I so enjoy taking a peak at other people's lives. I scrolled down and saw the Wades. I am so glad to see Catherine happy and healthy with a wonderful husband. I am so glad you and Ron are in the old Kuljis home. It was always such a special place, but I really love what you guys have done with the place (love the mantel your parents made for you- awesome). I am praying that you and your sweet family have a Christmas full of wonder! Tell Ron I said hi and let's keep in touch (see you on facebook). Melissa
Post a Comment