Thursday, December 11, 2008

Did You Know?

Every year, I try hard to protect December..... and every year it gets busier and busier. After arriving home from our fabulous Thanksgiving in Arizona on Sunday night, we hit the ground running on Monday morning, and have not stopped. I will share with you some of the highlights from the last few weeks: We had an amazing Thanksgiving. There were 20 Eckerts in all who gathered in Flagstaff, Arizona. Every second of it was fun. We went to Sedona and the Grand Canyon, laughed tons, ate delicious meals prepared by my amazing sister in laws, Gayle and Ruth, laughed more, talked, and reminisced. I love it when Ron gets together with his brothers. He laughs harder with them than with anyone else. Each family (there are 5) is uniquely different and special. This year happened to be Dave's 50th Birthday, and we got to celebrate in style with Bison Burgers and a clown... no, really, there was a clown. She made special balloon hats for each person, according to their personality. Our family was no exception. Rosie had a flower hat, with a baby pink Poodle to hold. I was the mama pink Poodle, and Ron was a pirate. We had so much fun. Rosie is the 10th Eckert cousin. As you can imagine, her feet hardly touched the floor. She had a great time with her cousins.

I had Learning Record meetings last week, and then watched Lucy on Thursday and Friday so that Erin could meet with her families. Yes, for those of you who don't know... Erin and I work for the same school, and get to share childcare... It's AWESOME! During the weekend, we were invited to the annual Harvest Dinner hosted by our friends, Daren, Danny, and Carrie. Carrie and Daren are incredible cooks and great friends, and it is always an enjoyable time . On Friday and Saturday night, we hosted some of our favorite YSSC staff, took 70 YSSC kids to Disneyland, and collapsed on Sunday. Whew! Sunday night I went to Arrowhead for some time away with the precious gals that I lived with at Westmont. We hardly left the house with all of the talking, laughing, lounging, and snacking that we did. It was perfect!

So now, I am back to the grind, if you can call it that. We have our tree and decorations up, and are relishing in the blessings that God brings us. We are so incredibly blessed!

Rosie packed the essentials and was ready to go to Arizona.

The Birthday Boy, looking less than enthused!

The Eckert Family Thanksgiving

Rosie and Ron enjoy lunch at the Grand Canyon

Rosie held down the fort in style while mom was away!






I wish I had more pictures to show, but have not yet figured out how to download from Ron's "Fancy" Camera... you'll have to settle for my little Canon Powershot!

1 comment:

shana said...

so fun to see all those wonderful eckerts together! i'm sure you had a grand time. i was talking to carol (pollitt) who had talked to ruthie (surprinsing, i know! that woman talks to EVERYONE!) and was telling me all about the eckert thanksgiving. i'm so glad you could all be together. i haven't seen dave in i don't know how long, but he hasnt' changed a bit. 50, wow!
enjoy the rest of your december and your christmas! it sill be so fun to watch rosie get excited over stuff this year!
blessings from the stoll's!

Blog Archive