Friday, October 23, 2009

5 Blissful Years!



On Friday, October 16th, we celebrated 5 years of marriage.  Let me just take a moment to tell you that I have the most incredible, loving, caring, wise, hilarious, creative, generous and handsome husband in the world. He surprised me on Friday with the promise to build me a REAL raised bed garden in our backyard. I've been growing my tomatoes, lettuce,  peppers and herbs in pots for the last years, and I'm finally going to have a little piece of land to nurture my "crops." What a gift! 
Here is a picture of us on our wedding day. Look at us! We're babies! I know it was only 5 years ago, but it seems like a whole lot of time has passed. We were totally rookies (and I guess we still are in some ways). We were tanned and taut and headed blissfully (and naively) into our first years together. It has been an amazing 5 years. We have learned so much about each other and ourselves. I'm so very blessed and lucky to be married to Ron. There certainly is JOY in the Journey.  

October 16, 2004

October 16, 2009
After adding a mortgage, car payments, demanding jobs, and Rosie to the mix :)
We were anxiously awaiting the birth of Henry Hunt, so we decided to do a fun family outing rather than get a babysitter for the evening, just in case we had to head up to Pasadena at a moment's notice. We decided to take Rosie to Disneyland since our annual passes run out soon.  Here are some pictures from our night together, celebrating 5 years of marriage.








 

2 comments:

Erin Welch Hunt said...

Happy anniversary! We love your love! And thank you so much for the sacrifice of sticking around in case Henry showed up!

Congrats you two- here's to the next five years together and continued health, happiness, and JOY.

Cari said...

Happy, Happy Anniversary!!! Our 11th is this Friday. There's definitely JOY in the journey! Love you guys and miss you.

Blog Archive