So my doctor thinks that our Little Peanut is less of a Peanut and maybe more of a Pumpkin..... Translation: She's quite large... apparently. I'm doing my best not to take offense. She made it quite clear that my weight is fine, but given the size of the Little Pumpkin... and remembering the weight of the Older Pumpkin (Rosie tipped in at 8.15), we've been put on a low carb, low sugar regime. Yes, folks! A diet!
To:
I thought I would take a minute to share with you 1 of our favorite easy high protein loves:
Chris' Fiesta Meatloaf
(this is a favorite Welch recipe with a new Eckert twist)
1 Lb. extra lean ground turkey
1/4 c. diced onions
2/3 c. chili sauce (dump 1/3 c. in the mix and 1/3 c. on top)
1 egg
1/2 c. diced mushrooms
1/4 c diced tomatoes
1/4 c colored pepper (I like the orange ones for the color)
1/2 c. shredded parmesan cheese
2t chili powder
1/2 t. salt
1/2 t. black pepper
Throw it all in a bowl and mix well. Use your hands- it's the best way to mix meatloaf.
Put the loaf in a greased loaf pan and pour the remaining 1/3 c. chili sauce on top.
Place in a preheated 375 degree oven for 30-45 minutes
Ole!
1 comment:
My 2nd baby was 10 pounds 2 ounces! Just a fun little fact. But . . . she was my easiest labor of the 5. You can do it!
Post a Comment