I'm certainly realizing that I'm not as young as I used to be. I'm especially aware of it on this Monday evening because I'm not bouncing back quite as quickly after a packed weekend. On Friday night we hosted my friend Brieann's 30th birthday bash. Lucky for us, it was a collaborative effort, but we still worked hard on Friday to get the house ready. My big contribution, besides cramming 80 people into a house built for 4, was cupcakes and decor... I must say this little house cleans up well.
We got to bed in the wee. hours. of. the. morning. I haven't seen this side of wee in a long time. It was less of a night's rest and more of nap before we had to get up at 5am to leave for Bass Lake for a wedding. We picked up the girls (also still in their jammies) from Mimi and Papa's house and kept going. The wedding was wonderful, and it was fun to celebrate this young love with camp staff past and present. I have no pictures of my own to show from the wedding, but borrowed some to show you.






Did I mention that there was karaoke? Did I mention that I'm getting old?


Chris and Megan's Wedding.

This is the granite slab that the bridal party walked across to come down the "aisle." I was sweating bullets (not for the bridal party, they're all mountain climbers and as sure-footed as goats) I was worried about the grandmothers who had to shuffle to their seats! One slip and they'd end up in Oakhurst! Did I mention that I'm getting old?
Our dear Uncle T
Our dear Uncle T
The lovely cake

This was by far the coolest 'get away' that I have ever seen. The couple left the reception in the YSSC bus complete with twinkle lights and industrial sized can good cans tied to the back.

No comments:
Post a Comment