Monday, October 11, 2010

Quotable Quotes



I've been meaning to write some of Rosie's latest musings down so that we don't forget. She's had quite a few little one liners lately :)


Last week, Rosie had to go under general anesthesia for some extensive dental work. As she was recovering on the couch, she became quite frustrated with feeling dizzy:
Rosie:"Mama! The sky keeps falling over! Please make the sky stop falling over."


I discovered that Rosie has been learning the Pledge of Allegiance in her preschool class. She recited it to me on the way home last Thursday.
Rosie: "I pledge elation to the flag
of the United Snakes of America"
....the next portion was mumbled until she got to the end where she belted out:
"And Justice For All!"
Then she sang a rendition of God Bless America with full vibrato

How did Ron and I end up with a mini right winger? We're in trouble!!


A few nights ago, Ron had to be rather "firm" with Rosie and sternly requested that she change her attitude... or else. Later, we were sitting down to dinner and Rosie looked at Ron and said, "Dad, you know when your voice was loud? That made me a little worried (places her hand over her heart) I'm just a kid, dad. I can't understand!"


Today on the way home from the grocery store:
Me: "Rosie, we just have to stop at the Dollar Store. I know you're ready for lunch, do you think we can make just one more stop?"

Rosie: "No, Mama, I don't think I can be a good girl at the Dollar Store. Let's go home."

And home we went. I admire that kind of honesty.


2 comments:

Blog Archive