I receive Self magazine in the mail each month. Even the title is disturbing. Self. It was one of those things where I subscribed to a magazine by cashing in some airline miles that were about to go to waste, and then that magazine went belly up so they started sending me Self as an apology of sorts. I generally pick it up and thumb through it, admire the tanned and taught bodies, maybe glance at the recipes before tossing it out or using it for the latest collage project with the girls. I think I even tore out a article on jumping rope once because it looked like fun. This month featured Gwyneth Paltrow. I like her. I think she seems kind of normal and I like her as Holly Holiday on Glee. She shared some recipes that aim to cut sugar and fat, but still taste good. I like this... we try to cut sugar and fat wherever we can... but not at Surfin' Donuts on Sunday mornings. On those days, we like to invite sugar and fat. Anyway, the girls and I decided to try Gwyneth's recipe for "Fudgy Chocolate Brownies."
This one hung in there for a while before finding something more interesting to do.
Looks good, right?
The result? Gross. Yuck. Like brown Playdough with chocolate chips sprinkled on top. Soooo disappointed. I know now to be wary of recipes for brownies that don't call for butter and sugar. So, Gwynie, if I'm in the market for a great acting career or a budding music endeavor or rockin' hard abs, I might come calling again, but let's leave the delicious brownie recipes to Ina.
Even my sous-chef abandoned her treat for something better... like an apple :)
2 comments:
OOohh! Save me some! Chocolate play doh sounds awesome! :)
LOL! Don't they say, "Never trust a skinny cook!"? This may apply here.
Post a Comment