We continued our annual tradition of trick or treating with the Paschalls and company in Tustin. Rosie chose to be a cat and Sadie, well, cooperated in being a butterfly. Needless to say, our mob made out like bandits. The highlight of the night for Ron and I was watching the girls walk up to the door in preparation to get their candy. "Come on, Sades, let's go get some candy,"
Rosie would say as she sometimes held Sadie's hand but mostly pulled her by the collar up to the door, Sadie staggering in a way that somehow reminded me of ET. Once the door opened, Rosie would say a robust, "Trick or Treat," to which Sadie would reply, "Happy 'ween," and walk inside the stranger's house. Ron and I had to fish her out of people's living rooms on more than one occasion.
Another highlight was walking along with Sadie and suddenly hearing the crinkle of a chip bag. I looked down and realized that she was eating a bag of Flaming Hot Cheetos. I choose to believe that someone ran out of candy and started getting creative, rather than that she picked up the bag off of the ground :)
Note: I realize that both of "highlights" make me sound a little like a negligent mother. I really was present. I promise.


2 comments:
adorable!
Both Jack and I belly ached laughed reading about your adorable girls and Halloween fun!,,
Post a Comment