Thursday, July 16, 2009

Lady in Waiting

Rosie has 2 items that she is absolutely attached to. These guys come everywhere with us, and they are a necessity for naps, bedtime, scary situations, etc. The first item is a stuffed pig named, Apple, and the second is a fuzzy brown blanket named, Gee. Rosie often refers to them as one, in their celebrity couple name, Applegee. Weekly, I toss these 2 in the wash. If I time it right, and the load is done before nap time, Rosie doesn't notice their absence. Last week, however, Rosie witnessed Gee being put into the washer and completely freaked out. I tried to explain that Gee was in the bath, but it didn't work. I finally pulled a stool up and left the lid of the washer open so that Rosie could watch Gee having his bath! My little active girl waited patiently on the stool until the entire cycle was done, and played close by the dryer until Gee was clean and ready to be cuddled once more.

P.S I HAVE to mention: Yes, my daughter does own clothes other than the yellow Minnesota t-shirt. I've noticed that several of the recent pictures that I have posted are her sporting this little beauty.... but rest assured, I do bathe and dress her in other attire.



3 comments:

Erin Welch Hunt said...

Don't worry about the wardrobe malfunction! We know the Minnesota shirt is not all she owns, and has been known to wear other items (one pink boot, monkey hat, etc)

I'm glad the Gee bath wasn't too traumatic!

Mimi said...

I'm delighted to see that Apple is right there waiting for Gee as well. It reminds me of another loyal young girl who wouldn't have considered going to bed without Chickie Pillow.

So what's wrong with the Minnesota t-shirt? Good is good.

Cari said...

We have the same dilemma in our home. Levi has a Bay Bear (Baby Bear) and blantee (blankie) and needs them for all the same reasons. So fun! So will we see you guys this summer?

Blog Archive