Thursday, July 30, 2009

OC Fair Time!

Ron and I took Rosie to the OC Fair yesterday afternoon. I love the fair. It makes me joyful.. maybe because for 4 hours I don't feel like I live in Southern Orange County. I love looking at the animals, and love watching the pride and excitement of those that have raised those animals. I love looking at the crafts and the vegetables that people have worked hard to grow. Maybe we get to tap into our Midwest roots on these evenings. My husband, on the other hand, looks forward to the midway. He loves the games.... yes, the rigged ones that no one can seem to win. He DOMINATES those games. Just wait and see what he won for Rosie this year with one wonderful squirt gun! What it all boils down to, however, is the food. Unfortunately, it seems that we have passed our appetites for fried, greasy, delicious fair cuisine on to our dearest daughter. She couldn't get enough! One of the most fun events of the evening was Rosie on her very first pony ride. She rode confidently on Chief, her trusty steed.
















1 comment:

shana said...

Our family LOVES the state fair . . . less than a month to wait now!! Whooo hoo! Every time we drive by the fairgrounds (which is nearly every day!) Joe (who is 4) thinks it's "open" because there are cars there. So every day I have to tell him that those are the workers getting the fair ready for us (actually that probably complete bologna, they probably really are just regular people who are at some non-fair activity taking place at the fair grounds, but you've got to say something to convince him that it's NOT the day to go to the fair!). He'll be bummed when he discovers that once it opens it's only open for 11 days. Oh well, soon enough he'll grasp the whole short-lived fair time stuff . . . and then Anna will start to ask every day all summer if we can go to the fair. Oh well, that's life.
Hope you are feeling well. Congrats on little Eckert girl #2! How exciting. Enjoy the rest of the summer and say Hi to Ronnie from us.
Blessings,
Shana (Kirby, Jacob, Rebekah, Lydia, Joe & Anna too)

Blog Archive