I mentioned in our last post that we are rearranging the furniture in our living room. We have the blessing and curse of living in a bungalow in which the living room is basically also the family room, kitchen, dining room, laundry room, den, racetrack, and art room. Yes, a lot goes on in this space. We have lived here for 5 years and we've never been able to get this space to "work" for us. It's a journey in progress, to say the least. We took a big step in the right direction and said goodbye to our "beast" entertainment center and "baby beast" coffee table, but not before the girls put the empty space to good use.
Can I just mention how grateful I am for the brawn of young men? I was so glad that Ron recruited some camp guys and I did not have to help move this thing.
To quote my dad, "This thing is so heavy it makes me want to scream!"
So now we are slowly rearranging. I made all of these bold statements about not buying anything new... using things that we can salvage or reuse. The next day I went out and bought a loveseat from Ikea.
I digress.
I do need your help with something. I found this little antique cart. I think this might have inspired my salvage decorating kick that lasted for a minute second. I had visions of blankets or games like I've seen on some of the blogs that I look at... but as of now, it looks like a homeless person dropped their belongings off here. That's not entirely bad! It's just not the look I was going for :)
So, what do I do? Erin mentioned keeping the contents monochromatic... Brieann mentioned painting it.. what do you think?

2 comments:
LOL! When I stop laughing...I'll comment more. :)
I'm with Brieann..spray paint it! And leave the blankets..I think it is cozy looking.
Post a Comment