Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Pumpkin Spice

It's 90 degrees in November. I have to be honest, I don't love it. I'm still burning my Pumpkin Spice candle, dang it. We had a full weekend of family, costumes, trick or treating, and even a baby shower. I probably ate my weight in mini Almond Joys. Those are my favorite, I know, I'm an anomaly. I discovered something very important a while back: kids will happily part with an Almond Joy or Mounds bar. Ask a small trick or treater to share their hard earned Reeses or Snickers? NEVER! But, an Almond Joy? Mounds? Here, take it.... it's yours! Looking for an even easier exchange? Mounds now comes in a dark chocolate variety. Most kids would rather have the token box of raisins over this one. Done. Like taking candy from a baby... quite literally!


Friday parade and trick or treating in Sierra Madre with the Hunts/Welches
One of the highlights of the morning was when we arrived in Pasadena and Rosie and Lucy discovered that they were wearing MATCHING SHIRTS! They didn't even call each other! Thanks, Jen Rozema, for the fantastic hand me downs :)


It's Curious George time! My original scheme had Ron playing the part of the Man in the Yellow Hat..... it didn't happen.
Sadie gets a lift from Great Papa Welch.






My mom, sister and I hosted a baby shower for our cousin, Suzanne. I misplaced my camera right before the guests arrived.. but, I did get a picture of the adorable cake that my mom had made. Isn't it amazing? It was delicious, too.

On Sunday, we went trick or treating with the Paschalls.
Rosie and Brenner enjoyed the pleasures of the annual sugar rush.
Oh, Great Pumpkin. Where are you?
My sweet little CG.





No comments:

Blog Archive