It's official. We are back to school. Rosie jumped feet first into her "Ladybug" class with Mrs. Langley and Mrs. Riley. We are also doing something fun this year and having her stay all day on Thursdays at preschool to attend the Owls class and do art, science and music with Mrs. Apin, her teacher from last year. I picked her up from the Owls class and as we were walking home she told me that they read a book about making chocolate and ketchup.
Rosie: Mom, did you know that chocolate comes from Cocoa beans and that ketchup comes from tomatoes and that they are both grown in gardens?
Me: I didn't know that. Tell me about it!
Rosie: Well, you mash up the cocoa beans and that makes chocolate and then you mix the tomatoes with milk and sugar and that makes ketchup.
Hmmmm... she may have the processes mixed up, but that's a lot for the first day, huh?
Rosie showed that she is a true Welch by requesting French Toast for her 1st day of school breakfast.
Rosie also started a little dance class at the community center. She LOVES it and asks me everyday if it's Wednesday and time for ballet and tap class!
Sadie and I are having fun hanging out just the two of us. I forget that she and I haven't spent much alone time together, so it's fun to have her all to myself. She's getting so big and her vocabulary is expanding by the minute!
Her first event for our day together involved one of her favorite pastimes.... dumping all of the crayons out of the crayon tub and then putting then back. Then, repeat.
We also did a little art project and then cleaned up in the sink. It's so fun to be fully present with this little one! She cracks me up!









3 comments:
how sweet is rosie's handwriting!
darling.
sadie is SO BIG! how can she be so big?!?!
Oh, my...I love the dance class photos! So cute!
I don't know if he ever checks it, but I left your husband a facebook message today (I'm not actually even his facebook friend, but I can still send him a message). I just wanted him to know that I was thinking of his parents yesterday. We sang "Blessed Assurance" at church and for some reason -- of all the hymns I remember him leading us in -- that one always reminds me of Ron (Sr., that is -- since whenever I think of your husband, in my mind he's not "Ron", but "Ronnie" which I'm sure wouldn't make him happy, so you don't need to tell him that part :)). Anyway, I thought he might appreciate knowing that I was thinking of them and that I miss them. I'm so sorry you never got to meet them. (at least I'm assuming you never met them). You would have loved them . . . and they you!
Have a great week!
Blessings,
Shana
Post a Comment