Sorry. I just haaaad to do it. I've spent the better part of 7 years trying to perfect my Midwest accent. My best material involves calling my husband by his official Minnesotan name, "Rhaaaaaaaan."
Have I mentioned that I adore the Eckerts? I think I have. I was adopted into this amazing family, by marriage. Each has their own unique family and the truth is, I love them all. I wish we were close enough to see each other on a regular basis, but we do what we can with phone calls, texts and Skype. We soak up the times that we can be together face to face. Rumor has it that it might be a 5 brothers Eckerts Thanksgiving.... in California.... I'm already counting the days.... and also starting to collect blow up mattresses :)
Anyway, we got to spend 4 days with Steve and Lori and the kids and also had a fun visit with Dan and Barb and kids!

All of the cousins are so great when it comes to playing with Rosie and Sadie. They are so patient and willing to play! I think Rosie may have been putting chapstick in Kari's hair in the picture below.
Word on the street is that all Bethel gals think Marcus Eckert is an absolute catch. We Eckert women would have to agree.
Rosie persuaded Logan to try a piece of asparagus. Well, she tried anyway.
I got to meet my blog friend, Jenny, in real life. If you haven't checked her blog out... you should. You can find it in my blog list. She's equal parts expert wife/mom, friend, baker, artist, decorator and barnbasher. Yes, that's a real word. Barnbasher. In her latest post she salvaged wood from a barn... that was still standing. She's awesome, and it was fun to meet her in person!
Allison is a family favorite. We all love her. Enough said.
Uncle Dan makes the best smores....I don't think they realize that the marshmallow is on fire.
My husband puts up with a lot when it comes to pink girl "stuff." Here is is with Barbie's lace petticoat over his eyes.
Visiting one of Ron's favorite childhood places, the Como Park Zoo. It was awesome.

Bye, Uncle Steve. I love you. See you in November.
We smooshed 4 pairs of buns into 3 seats on the way home for optimal Elmo viewing on the DVD player.
Anyway, we got to spend 4 days with Steve and Lori and the kids and also had a fun visit with Dan and Barb and kids!

All of the cousins are so great when it comes to playing with Rosie and Sadie. They are so patient and willing to play! I think Rosie may have been putting chapstick in Kari's hair in the picture below.
Word on the street is that all Bethel gals think Marcus Eckert is an absolute catch. We Eckert women would have to agree.
Rosie persuaded Logan to try a piece of asparagus. Well, she tried anyway.
I got to meet my blog friend, Jenny, in real life. If you haven't checked her blog out... you should. You can find it in my blog list. She's equal parts expert wife/mom, friend, baker, artist, decorator and barnbasher. Yes, that's a real word. Barnbasher. In her latest post she salvaged wood from a barn... that was still standing. She's awesome, and it was fun to meet her in person!
Allison is a family favorite. We all love her. Enough said.
Uncle Dan makes the best smores....I don't think they realize that the marshmallow is on fire.
My husband puts up with a lot when it comes to pink girl "stuff." Here is is with Barbie's lace petticoat over his eyes.

Bye, Uncle Steve. I love you. See you in November.
We smooshed 4 pairs of buns into 3 seats on the way home for optimal Elmo viewing on the DVD player.











2 comments:
My head is huge. Why hasn't anyone told me that my head is BIG? I cannot trust any of you.
Beside my large head photo with you...I loved meeting you and your adorable family. Also, we love the Eckerts too! They are VERY high quality people!
your family makes me smile BIG!
i remember meeting marcus and logan at camp a lonnnnngggg time ago when steve's family visited bass lake.
i'm glad you will have a "play that funky music white boy" thanksgiving (i remember all the eckert boys dancing to this at your wedding. it's now what i think of when i think of the eckert boys)!
so will it be a "hotdish" thanksgiving? do minesotan's eat anything other than "hotdish."
and what fun that you got to meet a blog friend! it's crazy and wonderful, right?!
i just got home from blog sugar tonight. met a ton of blog friends. good times! maybe next year you should join me?? :-)
Post a Comment