We spent the last week up in the north woods. Eagle River, Wisconsin. My Neverland, where I don't have to grow up and taking a trip into the little town in the pouring rain for a licorice rope is just as magic at 31 as it was at 4. I first started coming up here when I was 6 weeks old... they say I slept in a drawer that vacation, at the "Doctor's Cabin" at Honey Rock Camp. I've missed a few years, here and there, but this place feels like home. Things don't change too much.
One of the greatest joys is experiencing this place through the eyes of my children. God has gifted me with a family that loves the outdoors just as much as I do. I'm blessed.
Are you curious about our Neverland? It's steeped in wonderful grandparents and great grandparents and includes early morning "coffee talks," walks and runs, bike rides, smore campfires, picnics, kayaking, boating, skiing, cruising the lake, hunting (as in admiring... not killing) wildlife, eating, creating, reading, snuggling, poking around the little shops, and lots more chit chatting and eating :)
(I apologize for the massive amounts of pictures... I'm a little nostalgic and this is my first time editing photos with Picnik)
(I apologize for the massive amounts of pictures... I'm a little nostalgic and this is my first time editing photos with Picnik)
Little Rosie is fearless. We had been talking a lot about going out on the inner tube behind the boat before we got to the cabin. We decided that either Ron or I would accompany her. While we were standing out on the dock Rosie said, "I think I will try this by myself."
Well, ok then! We cheered big time from the boat.
Me? Well, I had not yet skied since having babies. I remember having some post-skiing soreness as a spring chicken. Holy cow... since becoming a mother hen, the muscles are just not the same. I think I went through an entire bottle of Advil and still struggled to pick Sadie up for about 48 hours. I'd do it again in a heartbeat, though. S.O .F.U.N!Check out my hubby in the lower left. He's a great skiier, went 3 times as long as I did... and he didn't complain about the soreness nearly as much as I did :)
It's always fun to have a little project when up at the cabin. Ron and my dad decided to make a Corn Hole set for the back lawn.

This was Ron's first fish fry. I'm not sure how he escaped a fish fry, growing up in Minnesota, but he did. And, yes, he thoroughly enjoyed his fried Haddock.

Thanks, Nana and Papa Bordeaux. We had such a wonderful time with you- time at the cabin feeds our souls. We love you.







1 comment:
You should have NEVER told us WHERE in WI you go...now...I know where to find you the next time you are there visiting. :) It sounds like a perfect place to go when I want to run away. Not that I do that often. :)
Post a Comment