On Friday before swim lessons, we were playing with Rosie's friend Zachary, at the park. Suddenly out of nowhere a San Clemente Parks and Recreations van pulls up and starts unloading tons of fun stuff onto the lawn. Rosie stood there in complete awe as the 2 leaders pulled out bin after bin of sports equipment and art supplies and invited Rosie to play. I compare it to the same feeling I would get if suddenly a free mani/pedi truck pulled up outside our house and invited me in.
Pure Joy.
Rosie's friend Zachary took a moment to collect his thoughts at the art table....

but, as you can imagine, Little Miss Muffet dove right in.





I'm so proud of my little town for setting something like this into motion. Each day this truck drives to a different location in San Clemente. Each team has both a Spanish and English speaking leader and their sole purpose in the park is to play with the kids... it's awesome! In a culture where simple play is often neglected and adult interaction and supervision is scarce... San Clemente is making it happen. Yeah, San Clemente. I'm proud of you. We'll be stalking your "Fun on the Run" truck from here on out.
1 comment:
How cool is that?!!! What a treat for mommies as well.
Post a Comment