Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Library Days

We have a weekly tradition of heading to the library.
Rosie waits patiently at the door while I schlep Sadie and all of our books up the sidewalk.
Then, Rosie puts all of the old books, one by one into the return slot. Sometimes people waiting behind us sigh and tap their toe because we hog the book return for a few minutes, but most don't... mainly because Rosie's so dang cute.

Then, we select new books to read. Without fail, Rosie selects some Dora books that I sneakily put back when she's not looking. I don't mind the show, but I can't stand the Dora books. It totally irritates me to read them aloud. They're so poorly written, I usually end up making up my own story. I know, call me a selfish micromanager. I have to draw the line somewhere.
Rosie loves to read all the way home.

No comments:

Blog Archive