Bass Lake is absolutely magic in the winter. I'm not sure I would have said this as a kid, but as an adult, I crave the cold, nature-y, still, quiet, and cozy that Bass Lake provides. Over MLK weekend, we picked up the girls from school and kept trucking north. Brieann and Jon were staying at the cabin, and our friends the Sherreitts were up there as well. What fun to have dear friends in one of our favorite places!?
We wanted to get the girls out on the slopes at Badger Pass one day, but as we headed up to the park, the road was closed... we were disappointed for about 78 seconds before deciding to pull over in the snow and play. It was so. much. fun. Even Barnes loved it. We built an epic snow bear, had a big 'ol snowball fight, rolled and played, and then headed down the hill for some Pizza Daddy O. It doesn't get better than that, skiing or no skiing. I'm ridiculously in love with this little family of 5.
I'm grateful for the adventures that we are able to have, and for the Love that surrounds us each and every day.

No comments:
Post a Comment