I got tickets for the girls and me to see Newsies at the Segerstrom theater. The girls love musicals and we had been listening to the score nonstop. We dressed up and went to a quick dinner before heading to the theater. I armed myself with Red Vines and Skittles just incase there was a dull moment.
Turns out, there really wasn't. We loved it.
This was Sadie's first real show and she mostly enjoyed it, but this will paint a pretty clear picture of where the girls are: It was a late show and didn't start until 7:30. I saw some big yawns before the curtain even went up. At the end of the performance Rosie was clapping with all that she has in her. I whispered to her that if she thought the cast did an exceptionally great job, she could stand and clap and that it was called a standing ovation. She immediately leapt to her feet and continued clapping... and then I caught a glimpse of Sadie. She was sprawled across her seat, sound asleep.
I mean sound. asleep. Mouth open, snoring... so adorable.
Maybe we'll shoot for a matinee next time.
No comments:
Post a Comment