Friday, December 9, 2016

ECDC 2016

The highlight of the girls' year life is Emerald Cove Day Camp. They have the most fun, make new friends, learn so many new skills, get to be super silly, hang with the most amazing people, laugh, play, sing and learn more about Jesus. This was Rosie's last year at ECDC. Next year, she'll go to YSSC as a camper and she is SO excited. If you hear wailing in the streets, it's me. I almost had to stay numb through the awards ceremony this year because I was afraid I'd cry inappropriately hard. 
That's me experiencing the ache of change that I have mentioned before. 
Why does the growing and letting go sting so badly?
Anyway, it was all joy and smiles this summer. Sadie's counselor was named Bubbles and she and Sadie were fast friends. Rosie's counselor was named Taffy... she was perfect for Rosie. Both girls learned and grew and had a total blast in the process. Cousins Lucy and Henry and second cousin Annika Krause joined them this year too as an added bonus of fun. 














No comments:

Blog Archive