Friday, December 9, 2016

Happy Birthday, Barnes

Happy 1st Birthday, Buddy! 
We love you so much! It has been so fun to watch you grow this past year. You were born into a world that's bracing for "light speed ahead." You are fitting the description of the typical 3rd child in that you're spending lots of time on the go. You'll eat and nap wherever and are totally content being carted around from one thing to the next as long as someone is holding you. You're learning to walk quickly, purely motivated by wanting to keep up with your sisters. There are many arms to hold you in this family and you seem to to love the shorter arms as much as the adult arms. You're so curious about the world around you, Barnes. You light up when you see your favorite people and are always game for a good tickle fight. You have brought such joy and love into a family that was already chalk full of those things! You make us pause and observe and be keenly aware of how fast time goes by. It's ironic to me that life is fuller and definitely more busy than it was when your sisters were born, but Dad and I are more willing to say no and let things go in order to pause and be with you in the moment.  You're stumbling around in that drunken sailor walk now, but I know I'm going to blink and you'll be running. I wasn't high on gender differences before I knew you. I thought we'd bring you up just like we brought up your sisters and there would be no difference. I should know better. You already prefer trucks and mess and anything that has to do with a ball. Your first word was ball! That, and "Go" in reference to Wrigley. You're a gift to us, Barnes. Here's my Barnesie Benediction for your first year of life: Always be curious and full of wonder. Continue to sleep on the go. Share and be kind. Take care of others around you. Be grateful so that joy can be your constant. Be confident in the relentless love that surrounds you. It's all you need. 
I love you, Barnes
XOXO













Barnsie Birthday Part 2




No comments:

Blog Archive